From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:51:17
1 On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:38:36 +0200, Dan Johansson wrote:
2
3 > I agree to 100% with you Dale. I have /usr on a separate LVM partition
4 > (I only have, as you, / and /boot on regular partitions) to be able to
5 > easily extend it (which I have been forced to do a few times).
6 > And as my VG-partition starts directly after the /-partition I am not in
7 > the position to extend / to "engulf" all the data in /usr.
8
9 It's possible, even without an external drive, but a fair bit more work,
10 provided you have enough free space in your VG to be able to reduce it.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 GOTO: (n.) an efficient and general way of controlling a program, much
17 despised by academics and others whose brains have been ruined by
18 overexposure to Pascal.