From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is wrong with lame?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:20:52
1 On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Mateusz Mierzwiński
4 > <mateuszmierzwinski@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> Hi,
6 >> I wish to ask if anyone also have same feeling that Winamp running on Wine
7 >> (ALSA output) have better sound quality than players like VLC, XMMS, Amarok
8 >> and even songbird just as many others?
9 >> What's wrong with decoding of audio if I have such feeling running now
10 >> Winamp?
11 >> Thanks,
12 >> Mateusz M.
13 >
14 > Everything sounds normal on my system... can you describe the sound
15 > difference at all? Maybe winamp is doing some kind of equalizing which
16 > changes the sound.
17
18 Also, check your mixer levels, if they are set to 100% try to make it
19 lower. I used to have a computer that would sound horrible if the
20 levels were much more than 50%.