From: Benjamin Graf <bdgraf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] auto proxy config (Firefox, and more)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 10:47:53
1 Ok, I'll try with IsInNet and patience..!
2
3 Thanks !
4
5 Ben
6
7 2007/9/27, Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu>:
8 > On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 05:26:44PM +0200, Penguin Lover Benjamin Graf squawked:
9 > > Thanks for the answer !
10 > >
11 > > How can I see what myIpAddress() returns ? I tried it in a simple html
12 > > page (javascript) but it didn't work.
15 > Not being a javascript guru, I don't really know. Just tried with
16 > Venkman, and it seems that myIpAddress() is not standard?! (Can anyone
17 > more familiar with Javascript help?)
18 >
19 > One possibility might be that you should use the IsInNet function
20 > instead of just grepping the substring, but I really doubt that it
21 > would make a difference.
22 >
23 > One thing you can do to debug it is to use the IsInNet function and
24 > applying a large mask (like 240.0.0.0) and go downwards to find out
25 > what exactly the PAC file think your IP address is. Maybe that could
26 > shed light on what exactly is wrong.
27 >
28 > Best,
29 >
30 > W
31 > --
32 > "`Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.'
33 > `Very deep,' said Arthur, `you should send that in to the
34 > "Reader's Digest". They've got a page for people like you.'"
35 >
36 > - Ford convincing Arthur to drink three pints in ten
37 > minutes at lunchtime.
38 > Sortir en Pantoufles: up 293 days, 1:21
39 > --
40 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list