From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no video/audio from dv camcorder
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 12:53:16
1 On Sunday 26 March 2006 01:49 Robert Persson was like:
2 > I am having trouble capturing from a camcorder via firewire. I can control
3 > the camera transport from each of the capturing applications (kino,
4 > cinelerra and mainactor), but I get no video or audio. Nor do I get video
5 > when I try to use the camera as a webcam in Ekiga (formerly known as
6 > GnomeMeeting).
7 >
8 > I have made sure that I have read/write permissions for all the devices
9 > in /dev with 1394 in their names. I have tried every variation of dv1394,
10 > raw1394 etc. that I can think of in these applications' preferences. I also
11 > made sure to modprobe dv1394, ieee1394, video1394, raw1394 and video1394
12 > (whatever that is).
13
14 I have found a workaround:
15
16 1. rmmod [all modules with 1394 in their names]
17 2. modprobe dv1394
18 3. rmmod eth1394 (because it doesn't play well with dv)
19 4. start your dv-capturing application
22 And just in case anyone wants to know:
23
24 1. I still couldn't get cinelerra to capture dv without freezing (but then the
25 latest version wouldn't build for me).
26 2. Ekiga's dv support works, but with some serious limitations.
27
28 Robert
29 --
30 Robert Persson
31
32 Conspiracy Bears:
33 Once upon a time there were lots of conspiracy bears...
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list