From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:53:55
1 On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:06:01 +0200, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2
3 > Now. The things got even more weird and unexplainable for me. I did
4 > "emerge -DuNav world" and there were some font packages to be rebuild
5 > because of a change in the USE flags. After emerge finished I got emails
6 > for the those packages but not a single message in the syslog. Another
7 > thing I noticed is that packages emerged by "emerge -DuNav world" put
8 > their logs in "/var/log/portage/elog/" while all other packages put
9 > their logs in "/var/log/portage/".
10
11 All logs go into $PORT_LOGDIR (usually /var/log/portage) if it is
12 defined. These are the full output of each emerge command, plus another
13 file containing the elog/ewarn/einfo/error output. The ELOG files contain
14 only the e-messages you specify and go in $PORT_LOGDIR/elog. So you
15 should be seeing logfiles in both if everything is working correctly.
16
17 Note that not all ebuilds output e-messages, so you won't get ELOG info
18 for every package you emerge.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 - We are but packets in the internet of Life-