From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Circular blocks after last night's sync?
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:20:00
1 On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:08 PM, James Homuth <james@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > During an update attempt this afternoon, these little surprises were waiting
3 > for me. I took a look at the archives, and naturally, google, but all I
4 > found were lots of the same error, and no information on it/what's broken.
5 > Anyone else having this particular problem? The block errors are below.
6 >
7 > [blocks B ] sys-libs/ss (is blocking sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.41.2)
8 >
9 > [blocks B ] <sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.41 (is blocking
10 > sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.41.2)
11 >
12 > [blocks B ] sys-libs/com_err (is blocking
13 > sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.41.2)
14 >
15 > [blocks B ] sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs (is blocking sys-libs/ss-1.40.9,
16 > sys-libs/com_err-1.40.9)
17 >
18 > This was during an emerge --update world.
19 Unmerge the old e2fsprogs and emerge the new programs and libs. IIRC
20 this is not new. I had this happen a few months ago.
25 Andrey Vul
26
27 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
28 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
29 A: Top-posting.
30 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?