From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:42:30
1 On Fri, March 21, 2014 12:59, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:50:23 +0100
3 > "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Tom,
6 >>
7 >> Please reply to list. No need to include me in the recipient list.
8 >
9 > Please filter duplicate mails. No need to tell each other this.
10
11 I filter on the server, using SIEVE-scripts.
12 Please provide the correct syntax I need to do this.
13
14 You are the only one causing duplicate emails, all others on this list do
15 NOT cause duplicate emails.
16 This means the cause is on your side and the solution should then also be
17 on your side.
18
19 > http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
20 > http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html
21
22 I disagree with those. Seen those arguments before along with the opposite
23 versions. Mailing lists where a reply does not work are broken. Mailing
24 lists where I always end up with duplicate replies don't stay used by
25 myself for very long.
26
27 >> Also, no need to reopen a closed mail
28 >
29 > A thread can't be closed by its individuals; you can choose to not
30 > reply, but that doesn't withhold the ability for others to reply.
31
32 True, but a mail-thread that hasn't had a reply for over a month is
33 usually considered closed. It's nice that you decide to catch up with your
34 emails, but please then take care not to flood inboxes as well.
37 Joost