From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Playing timidity patches via keyboard?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 17:22:35
1 On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 07:42:19AM +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am looking for some sort of software, for which I
5 > have no words (neiter I am a native english speaker
6 > nor I am a musician...;):
7 > There is a program called "Timidity", which is able
8 > to play midifiles and produce sound. The sound is taken
9 > from "patchsets" (GUS?).
10 >
11 > Is there any GPLed/OpensSource Software, which does
12 > the same thing but for notes I am playing on the
13 > midi keyboard?
14
15 Either use a virtual keyboard (vkeybd, vmpk, drumstick-vpiano), or use
16 aconnect to connect the MIDI in of your hardware MIDI keyboard to the MIDI
17 out of timidity. You can use qjackctl as a gui for that. The name is
18 misleading in this case – there is no need to run jack in order to connect
19 alsa's MIDI channels.
20 --
21 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
22 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
23
24 The abbr. of abbr. is abbr.