From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PANIC !!!!
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:50:38
1 Boot off of LiveCD, chroot, start repairing...
2
3 When I've hosed my system, I go back to the Gentoo Handbook:
4
5 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml
6
7 to get into the chroot.
8
9 Then look in the logs (/var/log/*) for hints...
10
11 Always a good idea to dispatch-conf, revdep-rebuild, revdep-rebuild.
12
13 So far I haven't hosed it bad enough to need a reinstall...
14
15 MySQL upgrade was painful, but the upgrade guide given
16 in the einfo worked perfectly (THANK YOU Doc Team!).
17
18 HTH,
19 Roy
20