From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Plasma teething problems - Part II
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 17:35:44
1 On Monday, 24 June 2019 18:04:06 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Monday, 24 June 2019 16:32:19 BST Mick wrote:
3 > > I also found this beauty in /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf, which I
4 > > uncommented:
5 > >
6 > > # The DisableAutoSpawn option will disable the autospawn mechanism.
7 >
8 > That's the sort of stupid explanation that gives technical authors and other
9 > program documenters a bad name. Gentoo seems to be particularly heavily
10 > afflicted with it.
11 >
12 > > # Thus the server will not start automatically on requests from the
13 > > clients
14 > > DisableAutoSpawn
15
16 Clearly you have suffered in the hands of USE flag descriptors, which would make
17 even the priestesses of the Oracle of Delphi sound coherent and unambiguous.
18 LOL!
19 --
20 Regards,
21