From: damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to run dhclient on the background
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 15:02:23
1 Hi again,
2
3 Thank you all for your responses. After I sent my first email I
4 modified the rc config to boot in parallel. The boot process was
5 faster after that: just for the record, it takes 20 secs in a core 2
6 duo laptop to drop the login prompt without X, wireless supplicant,
7 cron daemon or sound.
8
9 I will also take a look at ifplug/netplug. Thanks for the tip.
10
11 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=4&chap=3#doc_chap3
12 Sorry but I already looked into that page, but I couldn't find the
13 information I'm looking for. Could you be more explicit?
14
15 Best regards,
16 Damian.