From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encripting /home
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:04:24
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 >Is it possible to encrypt the complete block device with loop-AES?
4 >Or does it only encrypt a file that's afterwards loop mounted?
8 Yes. Everything that can be encrypted with dm-crypt can also be
9 encrypted with loop-AES.
10
11 For example, my laptop has two hard drives. I have a raid0 array with
12 hda2 and hdd2. Loop-AES encrypts /dev/md0, giving me /dev/loop/0. That
13 in turn is a physical volume for LVM2, which gives me the logical
14 devices for all of my filesystems (except /boot, obviously) and swap.
15
16 >Oh. You took my example way too literally.
19 Yep. :-)
20
21 Cheers,
22