From: Jim Cunning <jcunning@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kontact folder and memory issues
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:35:03
1 I have recently started to experience two annoying issues with
2 kontact/kmail. Sometime after an emerge world update in the last couple
3 of weeks, kontact has started consuming huge amounts of RAM and swap.
4 Currently "ps" for kontact shows:
5
6 USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND
7 jcunning 10190 1.7 23.3 1753588 480292 ? Sl 10:56 2:37
8 /usr/bin/kontact
9
10 The second annoying issue is that when I restart kontact, it shortly
11 begins reloading all the messages from all the email folders on my imaps
12 server, even though virtually all the mailboxes are unchanged. The
13 process takes several minutes, and while underway, kontact puts up a blue
14 window with the message that it's reading the contents of the mailbox.
15
16 I've tried setting kmail configuration options to minimize the reading and
17 checking of mailboxes, but nothing seems to have any effect.
18
19 Any ideas anybody?
20 Thanks,
21 --