From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change in ethernet .config layout kernel 3.2.1, affects oldconfig
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 09:47:50
1 On Monday 06 Feb 2012 05:47:53 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > Heads up... the network ethernet device drivers aettings are laid out
3 > differently in 3.2.1, and "make oldconfig" misses a few items. The new
4 > layout route goes like so...
5 >
6 > Device Drivers --->
7 > [*] Network device support --->
8 > [*] Ethernet driver support --->
9 >
10 > This brings you to a menu by manufacturer. The drivers are no longer
11 > divided by speed. "make oldconfig" misses a few items. I ended up
12 > writing down my settings in 3.0.6 and manually adding them to 3.2.1 when
13 > running "make oldconfig".
14
15 Hmm ... I'm almost sure I *only* used oldconfig from 3.0.6 to 3.2.1-gentoo-r2
16 and didn't have such a problem. I remember noticing that the tree of options
17 changed and afterwards went into make menuconfig to see if anything was missed
18 out, but I did not make any changes there (AFAIR).
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick