From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] flash animation not giviing sounds
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:23:54
1 > > > when playing flash animations on mozilla firefox, its
2 > > > not giving the sound output. what will be de solution?
3
4 if you have a soundcard which cannot do hardwaremixing (a card
5 that can mix audio output of more than one application) then
6 install a recent version of ALSA. It does software mixing per
7 default (via the DMIX plugin), without any additional
8 configuration work.
9
10 Then, Firefox still uses OSS, done via the ALSA OSS emulation.
11 Unfortunately, when using the OSS emultion, softwaremixing
12 does not work for technical reasons.
13
14 To solve this, run Firefox on top of the configuration
15 mentioned above as follows:
16
17 aoss firefox
18
19 I never used this, but I was told that it works.
22 Best regards
25 ce
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list