From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and missing paste file option in right click menu.
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 20:21:54
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 12:37 PM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I did my weekly updates this past Sunday. I noticed one change I like.
6 >> If I put my mouse pointer over a video file, it does like a animated
7 >> preview thingy. I've seen some websites do that and it is kinda nifty.
8 >> Then I noticed something that is missing and I use that a LOT, I mean a
9 >> whole LOT. When I move a file(s) from one place to another, I either
10 >> use Cut or Copy where the file is located and then use Paste where I
11 >> want it to go. I can do the Cut and Copy part, they are in the right
12 >> click menu as always. However, the Paste option is gone. It's not
13 >> grayed out or something, its just plain gone, everywhere. At first I
14 >> thought it was a settings issue but I've checked the settings and can't
15 >> find anything about it. Then I moved on to permissions, nothing there.
16 >> As I said, Cut and Copy is there. Even Move to Trash is there. Only
17 >> the Paste option is missing which I find kinda odd really. What is also
18 >> odd, I can't find a setting for Cut or Copy either.
19 >>
20 >> This is either a bug or I'm not looking in the right place to enable
21 >> this again. Since I can't find Cut or Copy in settings, maybe I'm
22 >> looking in the wrong place. Then again, maybe something got removed,
23 >> disabled Paste and removed the option to control Cut and Copy too. I'm
24 >> not sure which it is but I'd really like to have this option again.
25 >>
26 >> I might add, doing a ctrl + v to paste works. I'm doing that for now
27 >> but really miss the Paste option with the mouse.
28 >>
29 >> Anyone else notice this or just me? Am I missing where the setting to
30 >> control this is? Is it just gone? Thoughts?
31 >>
32 >> Thanks.
33 >>
34 >> Dale
35 >>
36 >> :-) :-)
37 >>
38 > On my system when I move to a new location and right click that's when
39 > I see the 'paste one file' option.
40 >
41 > HTH,
42 > Mark
46 That's what I used to have here.  Now when I go to where I want to put a
47 file, either Cut or Copy from previous location, I have to do a ctrl + v
48 to paste in the new location.  I think other options are missing to but
49 I can't remember what all used to be there.  I mostly use Cut, Copy and
50 Paste.  I do have the option to create a directory or text file still.
51 Some things are there but Paste isn't one of them.
52
53 Oh, I'm on Dolphin version 22.04.0.  Forgot to include that.  I run
54 unstable on KDE and related stuff.
55
56 It's confusing.
57