From: Rob <europa100@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng can't be removed by rc-update
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:53:02
1 Alastair Murray wrote:
2 > Rob wrote:
3 >
4 >> Michael Kjorling wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On 2005-10-19 09:26 -0700, europa100@×××××××.net wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>>> I recently decided to use sysklogd instead of syslog-ng. But the
10 >>>>> command "rc-update del syslog-ng default" will not remove the file
11 >>>>> from
12 >>>>> /etc/init.d.
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>> It should be deleted when you unmerge syslog-ng.
17 >>>
18 >>
19 >> I thought I did that, but I didn't. However, unmerging syslog-ng still
20 >> hasn't gotten rid of the file in /etc/init.d.
21 >>
22 >> Rob.
25 > /etc is possibly protected by CONFIG_PROTECT. I.e. emerge won't delete
26 > anything in /etc.
27 >
28 > Alastair.
29
30 I am going to later just delete the file in /etc/init.d, unless there is
31 some good reason not to. I have confirmed the link is not present in
32 /etc/runlevels/default.
33
34 Rob.
35 --