From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: new thinkpad with Gentoo
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 17:25:36
1 On 2014-11-20, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 20.11.2014 um 15:37 schrieb Sid S:
3 >> In a similar vein, I would suggest https://system76.com/laptops. I found
4 >> them after I purchased my laptop. Had I known, I likely would have gone
5 >> with them and purchased their most expensive model.
6 >>
7 >> For the most part, what you want is relatively hard to get with a typical
8 >> consumer computer. They've gone for minimization to the point where they
9 >> can't offer (or don't want to offer) the options that the majority of
10 >> people would expect to exist.
13 > Interesting. I ask for thinkpads and get two answers pointing to other
14 > brands ;-)
15
16 You did not ask for/about thinkpads.
17
18 You said you were currently running thinkpads.
19
20 You did not say that you wanted to replace them with new thinkpads,
21 just how much you were thinking of spending on replacements.
24 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! LBJ, LBJ, how many
25 at JOKES did you tell today??!
26 gmail.com