From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel install target and firmware
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 17:02:57
1 It seems that without extra tweaking, running "make modules_install" in
2 a built gentoo-sources tree always results in the Linux supplied
3 firmware being reinstalled into /lib64/firmware. This is different from
4 debian and definitely not my preferred way; I like to keep the firmware
5 stable unless there is a tangible reason to update it.
6
7 So, what is the extra tweak I need to apply to change this behavior? Is
8 there a kernel menuconfig option for this?
11 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
12 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?