From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Native 32 and 64-bit linux Flash 10 Preview Release available
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 19:06:18
1 On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 02:05:51 -0400
2 Walter Dnes wrote:
3
4 > This is of interest to those of us running old versions of Flash,
5 > especially on 64-bit installs without 32-bit support (looks in
6 > mirror<g>).
7 >
8 > Download site is http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
9 > To find out where to install, go to "about:plugins" in Firefox, and
10 > see where your current version of libflashplayer.so is installed. In
11 > my case it's /opt/Adobe/flash-player/libflashplayer.so
12 >
13 > To install...
14 >
15 > * for 64-bit version download the file
16 > http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer_square_p1_64bit_linux_091510.tar.gz
17 >
18 > * for 32-bit version download the file
19 > http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer_square_p1_32bit_linux_091510.tar.gz
20 >
21 > * exit Firefox
22 >
23 > * mv your current copy of libflashplayer.so to another directory as a
24 > backup, in case the new one doesn't work for you
25 >
26 > * extract libflashplayer.so from the downloaded tar.gz into the
27 > directory which you removed libflashplayer.so from.
28 >
29 > * fire up Firefox, and away you go
30 >
31 > * note that when the release version comes out, you'll need to
32 > manually remove the Preview Release libflashplayer.so
33
34 I've just installed it and it's working nicely for me.
35
36 Thanks for the link and install instructions. After creating
37 directory /opt/Adobe/flash-player/ and extracting the tarball,
38 I needed to create a symlink for
39 /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so, and then restart firefox.
40
41 David