From: Bertram Scharpf <lists@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Where are Menuconfigs Iptables options?
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 14:07:52
1 Hi,
2
3 last week I built a kernel for my home router. It works
4 fine. Configuring the kernel I used these instructions:
5 <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/home-router-howto.xml#doc_chap2_pre2>.
6
7 Now, I try to configure a 2.6.16 kernel instead of a 2.6.15
8 and I cannot find the configuration options any more:
9
10 [*] IP tables support (required for filtering/masq/NAT)
11 (all below)
12
13 I was sure it was me who forgot to activate another option
14 somewhere else. But I opened two terminal windows side by
15 side, compared, and still cannot find it. I diffed the
16 `.config' files, too.
17
18 Copying the IP_NF_* part into the `.config' file yields
19 these warnigs when executing `make menuconfig' next time:
20
21 .config:338:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol IP_NF_MATCH_LIMIT
22 ...
23
24 Did I miss something essential?
25