From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] What ebuild provides "mach" build tool?
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 22:24:47
1 On Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 09:32:25PM +0000, James wrote
2 >
3 > I'm not familiar with that build system. It's not Omach right?
4 >
5 > What platform did it originate? A few more keywords are needed
6 > to narrow the search....
7
8 IANAD (I Am Not A Developer). I know just enough about building from
9 source to be dangerous. Sorry about wasting peoples' time. It's not
10 what I thought it was. "mach" is not a built program, per se. It's a
11 script that comes as part of the source code with Firefox and Pale Moon
12 web browsers.
13 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/mach
14 That explains why I couldn't find it as a program.
15
16 Apparently, as of Pale Moon 27 (the next major version), "mach" will
17 be the preferred option, over "make", when building Pale Moon, although
18 "make" will still work.
21 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
22 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications