From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] after update ssh with shared_keys don't work
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 20:03:47
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 20:55 on Monday 15 November 2010, Willie Wong
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 05:56:18PM +0100, Tamer Higazi wrote:
5 > > I updated yesterday my gentoo box. And now I can't login with SSH
6 > > through shared keys on my clients Server what I did all the time.
7 >
8 > I am confused (as usually is the case when I see someone trying to
9 > describe a client/server setup):
10 >
11 > There are at least two computers involved here:
12 > A --> your desktop/laptop
13 > B --> your client's server
14 > Is this correct so far?
15
16 The OP has not given any information at all that will help resolve this.
17
18 Tamer, the answer will be in your log files. But before you do that you need
19 to do some basic fault-finding yourself. Start by verifying that sshd is
20 actually running on the server. If the server is the remote machine, nmap is
21 what you need for that test.
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com