From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to cmake?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 03:02:27
1 On 8/25/21 22:49, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I wanted to try KDFM, which I read about in Linux Format. It's a file manager
5 > with some interesting features. So I went to sourceforge.net/projects/kdfm,
6 > downloaded the source and extracted it to /usr/local/src/kdfm-code.
7 >
8 > What do I do next? I tried 'cmake ./src' and similar and got Unknown CMake
9 > command "qt5_wrap_ui". Googling for that found a few helpful pages, but I
10 > think I'd need to be a Qt5 developer to understand them.
11 >
12 > Can anyone point me in the direction to find out what to do?
13 >
14 Minor point, I would recommend creating a build subid, cc into it and
15 the "cmake path-to-source-dir".  I think most KDE stuff doesn't like
16 building in-tree.  Equery doesn't identify any package for qt5_wrap_ui.
17 If it's part of the source, then you might need some parameter for
18 cmake, or else there's another dependency not packaged in Gentoo.
19
20 Jack