From: Billy <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened to my CPU?
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:31:06
1 Abraham Marin Perez wrote:
2 > But that's not all. The actual problem is that when I turned it on
3 > my system didn't recognise my AMD Athlon XP 1700 (what I had and have)
4 > but just an AMD Athlon 1100. I haven't been able to find out whether
5
6 some BIOS's when they think the computer has locked up, assume it must
7 have been because the cpu clock rate is wrong. The next time you boot,
8 the BIOS will select a lower clock rate.
9
10 cat /proc/cpuinfo
11
12 and it will show you how Linux detects your cpu clock rate.
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list