From: forgottenwizard <phrexianreaper@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't linux#make menuconfig -- Makefile gone
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 06:04:51
1 On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 11:06:16PM -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > I needed to configure iptables support into the kernel but when I
5 > tried to run make menuconfig got 'No rule to make target' error. The
6 > Makefile was gone. A casualty of a recent emerge -uDN world, I expect.
7 >
8 > So I ran
9 >
10 > distfiles# tar xvfj linux-2.6.29.tar.bz2 Makefile
11 >
12 > which told me 'tar: Makefile: Not found in archive'
13 >
14 > So where can I locate the Makefile for my kernel, assuming the above
15 > command is correct?
16 >
17 > Maxim
20 run --test with tar, grep for the makefile, then extract the file.