From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] proper subject lines
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:40:58
1 On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:23:09 -0700, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Under what circumstances does too much info hurt? It's not like a PhD
4 > thesis, it's just, say, 10 words instead of 2 or 3.
5
6 When viewed on a narrow screen and the first few words convey no useful
7 information on their own. I think the important point is that subject
8 lines should be concise and succinct. Long is not a problem in itself, as
9 long as every word is relevant. Subjects line "Please help me! I have a
10 problem with xyz" can be as useless as "urgent problem".
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 What is the difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers?
17 Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets.