From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Did I just get hacked???
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:57:00
1 On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 20:48:59 +0300, Andrey Gerasimenko wrote:
2
3 > > Not unless you have the vmware directory mounted within the guest OS.
4 > > The VM cannot access filesystems on the host unless they are created
5 > > as disks on the VM or network mounted.
6
7 > This is correct, but if the virtual machine is on the same network as
8 > the host, then it is posible to get the VM, than the host, and finally
9 > to delete the VM.
10
11 True, but then you'd need to crack SSH or use some other method to get a
12 login on the host machine. If you're going to all that trouble, I think
13 you'd do more than delete the guest OS files.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 If you think that you can truncate my sig to 75 chars, then you can just fu