From: econti <contiemilio@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Please, let me understand
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:07:47
1 cut
2 >
3 > The others already gave you a working solution, but here's the reason
4 > this is happening:
5 >
6 > The qca package recently became slotted. However, only qca-1.0-r3 and
7 > higher are slotted. You have qca-1.0-r2 installed with is *not*
8 > slotted and therefore you can't install qca-2.x at the same time.
9 > Problem is, qca-1.0-r3 is keyworded so you need to place this:
10 >
11 > =app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3
12 >
13 > in your /etc/portage/package.keywords and then proceed as the others
14 > said. Unmerge the current version:
15 >
16 > emerge -aC =app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2
17 >
18 > and only then do your world update.
19 I followed the tip but now the output of emerge -NDpvu contains, among
20 the others, this line:
21
22 [ebuild NS ] app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 0 kB
23
24 Regards
25 emilio