From: Alarig Le Lay <alarig@××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 49.0 & Youtube....Video: Yes - Audio: No...
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 12:39:59
1 On Sat Oct 15 20:27:43 2016, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > this evening I updated GENTOO and a new firefox was installed.
5 > This one seem completly to disable flash video finally...
6 > since I got no video/audio at all.
7 >
8 > I disabled all flash-related addons of my firefox and
9 > restarted it.
10 >
11 > Now I got a video ... but without any audio.
12 > (I am running jackd by the way).
13 > I check with qjackctl whether there were any
14 > ports which I missed to connect...nothing.
15 >
16 > Hmmm...
17 >
18 > Is there any fix for that?
19
20 Hi, I had the same problem today (well, the problem was really old, but
21 it was the first time I tried to play audio in firefox since 45).
22
23 If I play the file from mpv, it works, from firefox, no sound.
24 I added the ffmpeg useflag and it works again now. I still use pure ALSA
25 as sound stack.
26
27 $ equery uses www-client/firefox | grep +
28 +dbus
29 +ffmpeg
30 +gmp-autoupdate
31 +gstreamer