From: Gabriel Rossetti <mailing_lists@××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't get Alsa (mic) to work with my Intel HDA board
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 05:01:11
1 Hello,
2
3 I used to be able to use my mic with Alsa, about 2 or 3 years ago, I
4 hadn't tried since, but the otherday I did and it didn't work. I have
5 reinstalled everything from scratch since (to go from unstable to
6 stable). I followed the guides/howtos on the Gentoo site, but no luck,
7 the mic won't work correctly. I also noticed that I used to have more
8 inputs/outputs to play with in alsamixer, but now all I have are Master,
9 PCM, CD, Mic, Mic Boos, IEC958, and IEC958P. I used to have for instance
10 Front Mic, that's the only one I explicitly remember. My front mic
11 doesn't work at all (this is a laptop, details later), and if I plug a
12 mic in the input, I can hear myself in the speakers, but none of the
13 apps can, I tried to use gnome's recorder program, wengophone, ekiga,
14 etc, no sound. Could anyone please help me? Here are the details :
15
16 Lenove/IBM Thinkpad T60p, gentoo-sources-2.6.22, alsa kernel module (I
17 tried to use the module in portage, but it wouldn't compile),
18 alsa-utils-1.0.14_rc2-r3.
19
20 I used this howto : http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_ALSA_sound_mixer_aka_dmix
21
22 I didn't install media-libs/alsa-oss, since the howto in the gentoo docs
23 doesn't say to, I think it's used if I install the driver in portage and
24 not the kernel module (correct me if I'm wrong), the reast is the same.
25
26 lspci output : 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7
27 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
28
29 I have this in my make.conf :
30
31 ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel"
32 ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty
33 extplug file hooks
34 iec958 ioplug ladspa
35 lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug
36 rate route share shm
37 softvol"
38
39 The sound works fine, I can listen to music and everything.
40
41 any ideas? Thanks!
42 Gabriel
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list