From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] bash-completion 2: gentoo completion files installed wrong?
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 15:50:20
1 Hello fellows
2
3 I’m trying to teach my bash to complete again. Ever since the upgrade from
4 v1 to v2 a year ago, I’ve been missing out on it in parts. I had some time
5 today, so I dug and found out that the central bash completion script that
6 sits at /usr/share/bash-completion/bash_completion looks in ./completions.
7 Eselect bashcomp looks in that same directory. However, there are a number
8 of files in ./ which neither eselect nor bashcomp find. Most notably, many
9 of Gentoo’s own completions such as eselect are located there:
10
11 /usr/share/bash-completion $ ls completions | wc -l
12 729
13 /usr/share/bash-completion $ eselect bashcomp list | tail -n 1
14 [729] zramctl *
15 /usr/share/bash-completion $ ls
16 bash_completion calibre-debug completions ebook-convert ebook-meta ebuild
17 epkginfo eselect flaggie glsa-check java-config layman metagen pygmentize
18 rc-service repoman tmux udisksctl browser-config calibre-server dbus-send
19 ebook-device ebook-polish ekeyword epm euse gcc-config helpers kmod lrf2lrs
20 pip quilt rc-status revdep-rebuild tree webapp-config calibre calibre-smtp
21 distcc-config ebook-edit ebook-viewer emerge equery fetch-ebook-metadata
22 genlop hg latexmk lrfviewer portageq rc rc-update splat udevadm youtube-dl
23
24 Is this a bug? Or a misconfiguration? Thanks for any hint.
25 --
26 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
27 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.
28
29 One of the most dangerous noises to make is loud thinking.