From: Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Samsung ML-2510 and CUPS
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:52:25
1 Thufir wrote:
2 > Going by <http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-ML-2510>,
3 > I have cups and splix installed. Going by
4 > <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/printing-howto.xml#cups> everything
5 > seems to be installed and configured for printing.
6 >
7 > Here's the printer:
8 >
9 > localhost ~ #
10 > localhost ~ # cat /etc/gentoo-release
11 > Gentoo Base System release 1.12.9
12 > localhost ~ #
13 > localhost ~ # lsusb
14 > Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
15 > Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
16 > Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:c00e Logitech, Inc. M-BJ69 Optical Wheel Mouse
17 > Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
18 > Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04e8:327e Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
19 > Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
20 > localhost ~ #
21 > localhost ~ # date
22 > Sat Jul 14 08:34:49 UTC 2007
23 > localhost ~ #
26 > When I go to add the printer, what device do I need to select? It
27 > doesn't have a USB option like the guide says should be there.
31 > thanks,
32 >
33 > Thufir
34
35 Generally whenever I have configured cups, the device you need to select
36 contains the printers name itself. My printer device for example reads
37 HP DESKJEST 5100 USB in cups.
38
39 Look for something to do with Samsung in cups. If it's not showing up
40 maybe you need to restart cups or try plugging the printer back in, I
41 don't really know. Cups generally has 'just worked' for me.
44 Kenneth Prugh - Ken69267
45 Gentoo AMD64 Arch Tester