From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: udev hanging
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 21:56:53
1 On 05/14/2015 10:56 PM, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
2 > I have an amd64 system with an old 3.3.x kernel. Recently (I think after
3 > last udev update to 217) the boot process became very slow due to "udev
4 > waiting for uevents to populate /dev". After a minute or so udev prints
5 > something about a lazy device (a TV tuner) then the boot continues.
6 >
7 > Yesterday I tried to update the kernel to 4.0.2...
8
9 That kernel version is marked ~amd64 (unstable/testing). Are you accepting
10 the ~amd64 keyword in your make.conf? If you ask for help in this group you
11 should include that info as part of your question. You'll get better answers
12 if you do.
13
14 Just as important in the last year or so is whether you are using systemd or
15 openrc at boot time.
16
17 Life never gets simpler over time :(