From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE has lost some desktop mouse actions
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 15:05:15
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > Some time ago, KDE lost the ability to assign to desktop Left-Click ;
3 > now it has also lost the ability to assign to desktop Middle-Click ;
4 > only desktop Right-Click remains, which cb assigned either to Context Menu
5 > or to Applications Launcher, both of which are useful :
6 > this is done in ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc ,
7 > in which I now have at the top :
8 >
9 > [ActionPlugins][0]
10 > LeftButton;NoModifier=org.kde.paste
11 > MidButton;NoModifier=org.kde.contextmenu
12 > RightButton;NoModifier=org.kde.applauncher
13 > wheel:Vertical;NoModifier=org.kde.switchdesktop
14 >
15 > Has anyone managed to assign an action to Left- or Middle-Click ?
16 >
17 > I am using the latest (210123) versions of Qt Frameworks Plasma.
21 I have one line for middle click, MidButton.  Sharing the whole first
22 part for Actionplugins just in case it will help.
25 root@fireball / # cat
26 /home/dale/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
27 [ActionPlugins][0]
28 MidButton;NoModifier=org.kde.paste
29 RightButton;NoModifier=org.kde.contextmenu
30
31 [ActionPlugins][0][RightButton;NoModifier]
32 _add panel=true
33 _context=true
34 _lock_screen=true
35 _logout=true
36 _run_command=true
37 _sep1=true
38 _sep2=true
39 _sep3=true
40 _wallpaper=true
41 add widgets=true
42 configure=true
43 configure shortcuts=false
44 lock widgets=true
45 manage activities=true
46 remove=true
47 run associated application=true
48
49 [ActionPlugins][1]
50 RightButton;NoModifier=org.kde.contextmenu
54 In the past when something stops working, I sometimes rename the config
55 directories to *.old and then start fresh.  Sometimes it is a old method
56 that is no longer supported that stops things from working.  I haven't
57 had to do that in a long time tho.  Generally, during the first login
58 after a upgrade, it updates config files to be compatible with new
59 settings.  Still, I thought it worth a mention.
60
61 Hope the info helps.
62
63 Dale