From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] serial in /sys
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:58:26
1 On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Bruce Hill
2 <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 07:31:10PM +0000, Jorge Almeida wrote:
4 >>
5 >> It is a matter of programming, not looking. I need a program that creates the
6 >> symlink when the device is plugged in. Think mdev (more precisely, a
7 >> complement to mdev that would take care of a few particular devices, to allow
8 >> using fstab to mount them in chosen mountpoints, and then leave the
9 >> rest to mdev).
10 >
11 > Have you considered sys-apps/uam ?
12 > --
13 Didn't know about it. But it doesn't look promising. It requires udev (which
14 by itself would do what I want) and it's oriented towards automounting, which
15 I don't need nor want.
16
17 Thanks,
18