From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libreoffice and java.
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 12:35:26
1 On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I am trying use some java based plugins with libreoffice.
4 >
5 > libreoffice is compiled with the java use flag, both the oracle JDK and
6 > JRE are installed and the user and system VM's are set and JAVA_HOME is
7 > set in the environment. In the libreoffice jre selection dialog the jre
8 > is showing an selected but I still get this error:
9 >
10 > $ lowriter
11 > javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
12 > Warning: failed to read path from javaldx
15 > What have I missed?
16 >
17 > BillK
20 Saw this post on the Gentoo forum:
21 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1050766.html?sid=a282245dacbe0cf6206a4a452184fd46
22 Quote:
23 Open libreoffice Tools-> Options... in side menu go to LibreOffice ->
24 Advanced and select a virtual machine proposed on list (use flag java
25 must be enabled).
26
27 Haven't verified this myself though.