From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: xorg-server update (was: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4 bugs update)
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 01:57:34
1 Alex Schuster writes:
2
3 > And then... some days ago I wanted to try ati-drivers-9.8, and had to
4 > upgrade 6 packages, xorg-1.6 and such. I quickpkg'd them, tried the new
5 > drivers (no success of course), downgraded with --usepkg, and still I
6 > cannot get it to work again. I am using the radeon drivers for now until
7 > I get some time to figure this out.
8
9 Now I took some time and upgraded to xorg-server-1.6.3.901-r2 again. At
10 first, X started fine, but I had no keyboard and mouse. As before, which I
11 workarounded by compiling xorg-server without hal. It turned out I had to
12 re-compile xf86-input-evdev. Had forgotten this, although it is in the
13 'qlist -I -C x11-drivers/' output and the xorg-server ebuild told me to
14 rebuild all this.
15 Now, the good thing is that X is running, I have mouse and keyboard. German
16 keyboard, configured by hal, not directly in xorg.conf. Hooray. The bad
17 thing is that I only get a blank screen, regardless of the driver (fglrx,
18 radeonhd, radeon, vesa, ati). With one driver I was even able to change the
19 screen resolution vial Ctrl-Alt-+, my monitor showed this, but it still was
20 blank. I also tried xorg-server-1.6.4, with the same result.
21
22 Now I went back to xorg-server-1.5.3-r7, re-compiled everything X related,
23 and at least it is working again.
24
25 Wonko