From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Floppy support question for old farts. lol
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 13:17:56
1 Howdy,
2
3 I got a friend that wants me to put Linux on his rig. It has a floppy
4 drive and he does use it for files he has on floppies. I haven't used a
5 floppy in a long time. How good is support nowadays? I will be putting
6 KDE on it. Does it sort of automount or anything? Does it function
7 anything like a CD/DVD?
8
9 If I had a rig with a working floppy, I would just test this myself but
10 the only system I have with one, the floppy drive died a long time ago.
11 The little green light stayed on all the time so I unplugged it. I'm
12 hoping someone here may still have one of these and can shed some light
13 on this.
14
15 Thanks.
16
17 Dale
18
23 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
24 how you interpreted my words!
25
26 Miss the compile output? Hint:
27 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"