From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updateing kills metadatabase
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 01:04:54
1 On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 00:14:56 +0100, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > qsearch <item>
4 > search: Updating ebuild metacache ...
5 > search: initialize_flat(): opening
6 > '/usr/portage/metadata/cache/.metadata.x' failed: Permission denied
7 > search: initialize_flat(): You should run this command as root: q -m
8
9 The message is telling you which command to run, although it is short and
10 you may have missed it
11
12 q -m
13
14 > What kills the metadatabase every time and how can I fix that? What I
15 > am doing wrong here ?
16
17 You probably updated portage-utils and /etc/portage/postsync.d/q-reinitialize
18 no longer has the execute bit set. chmod +x it as instructed in the elog
19 message from the portage-utils emerge.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Windows Error #01: No error... ...yet.