From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dumb question
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 04:27:52
1 I have been using Gentoo for more than 2 years now and have always
2 wondered (but never asked - That's the "dumb" part) how Gentoo manages
3 to update a package that happens to be running at the time.
4
5 Given that the old version (the one running) is deleted, how does it
6 manage to keep standing if you just cut its legs off?
7
8 I've never seen this discussed anywhere which probably means everyone
9 else already knows and are probably thinking to themselves, "Dumb question."
10
11 Tony
12 --
13 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
14 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
15 -- Benjamin Franklin
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list