From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] umask and sticky bit
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:10:19
1 On Wednesday 28 March 2007, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > I would like the default permissions for directories created by a
3 > particular user to be 1775. Is there some way to achieve this? I
4 > think umask doesn't deal with the sticky bit.
5
6 I did a few simple tests here, I also find that umask doesn't like
7 setting sticky and {s,g}uid. Maybe you can achieve the same result with
8 acls?
9
10 What's the reason you want to set the sticky bit for thaqt user? With
11 some more info, maybe we can come up with an alternative
12
13 Incidentally, even if we persuade umask to set the sticky bit on dirs,
14 it's probably not what you want, as it'll make all files sticky as well
15
16 alan
21 Optimists say the glass is half full,
22 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
23 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
24
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
27 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list