From: Matthew Finkel <Matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/src/linux gone
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:21:53
1 On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Matthew Finkel
2 <Matthew.finkel@×××××.com>wrote:
6 > On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 8:46 AM, sean <tech.junk@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
7 >
8 >> On 03/12/2011 01:28 PM, Matthew Finkel wrote:
9 >>
10 >> >
11 >> > But if this was a pre-existing build, he should have had numerous
12 >> > kernels configured, unless he removed/moved the config each time he
13 >> > upgraded.
14 >> >
15 >> > Sean,
16 >> >
17 >> > Two questions. I don't think you ever replied as to whether /usr/src is
18 >> > a mounted partition, is it? Also, did you have multiple kernels emerged
19 >> > into different slots before this happened? if so, does portage still
20 >> > think they're installed?
21 >>
22 >> It was not a mounted partition.
23 >> No multiple kernels. I try to clean up after myself.
26 > Is it possible you ran depclean prior to compiling the newest kernel that
27 > you emerged?
28 >
29 Actually, scratch that though. Do you have any emerged packages that depend
30 directly on gentoo-sources?