From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] World update and dev-lang/python-exec weirdness...
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 14:46:21
1 Ok, I don't understand this...
2
3 If I do an emerge -pvuDN world, it tells me I only need to update (among
4 a few other things) ONE version of dev-lang/python-exec: (2.0.1 to -r1).
5
6 I then tried to selectively update just the kernel, and it complains
7 about python-exec-2.0.1 being masked, so I add that to the emerge command:
8
9 emerge -pvuDN dev-lang/python-exec gentoo-sources
10
11 This results in no blockers, BUT, NOW it wants to update TWO versions of
12 python-exec: dev-lang/python-exec 2.0.1 AND dev-lang/python-exec-0.3.1
13 (to -r1).
14
15 First question is, why does a plain emerge -pvuDN world NOT want to
16 update both of these?
17
18 Second questions is, do I even NEED both of these? Or can (or more
19 importantly, SHOULD) I just emerge -C dev-lang/python-exec-0.3.1?
20
21 Thanks,
22
23 Charles