From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: In search for different variant of terminus-font
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:44:29
1 Hi Frank,
2
3 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
4
5 > Hi list
6 >
7 > A few months back I switched to Debian (due to hardware problems) and came
8 > back a few weeks ago. But ever since I came back, my terminus font in
9 > KDE’s Konsole looks different and I don’t know why. It seems I have
10 > installed a different variant (it has more space between letters and the
11 > glyphs have more elaborate shapes).
12 >
13 > Please see the attached screenshot. On the left is the font as it looks
14 > right now in Konsole, and on the right is how it looked both on Debian and
15 > on my old Gentoo system (it’s actually the same shape as the console font
16 > which is used on the TTYs). Both screenshots show the same font size (7pt
17 > at ~120 dpi).
18 >
19 > Any idea how I can get the old shape back? I already tried different
20 > combinations of useflags for terminus-font, but to no avail.
21
22 Actually I had the same problem and it was caused by an incompatibility
23 between newer qt version with different font handling and konsole 4.4.x.
24 Unfortunately I cannot remember what I did to solve it in the end, but I
25 have my terminus font back in konsole. So there is hope ;-)
26
27 What fonts do you have selected? Look at
28 eselect fontconfig list
29
30 - Jörg