From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Non-opnerc init scripts
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 19:43:24
1 On 2018-05-21 19:22, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
2
3 > I use oss4 directly from upstream now. It comes with an legacy init
4 > script that works well with `/etc/init.d/oss start` (however, it has
5 > no status).
6 >
7 > I added it to the "default" runlevel but unfortunately, openrc does
8 > not even try to start it.
9
10 openrc scripts have their own "API". Converting a straight sysvinit
11 script into an openrc one takes some work. Look at some existing
12 openrc script to see the kind of work that is needed.
13
14 A quick workaround is to just put your oss script under /etc/local.d
15 with a name ending in ".start".
18 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
19 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
20 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
21 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.