From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem trying to play sound when pulse audio is enabled
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 01:06:59
1 On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi. I have not used pulseaudio at all, but with gnome 3.8 I guess it
3 > must be there, but when I try to play a sound using either mplayer from
4 > the console which works fine withalsa, or even aplay, I get no sound
5 > unless I change the /etc/pulse/client.conf to spawn=no .
6
7 Unless you have a very specific setup, you should not need to touch
8 the files under /etc/pulse. Also, are you trying to run the
9 system-wide PulseAudio service? Because that's basically wrong:
10
11 http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/WhatIsWrongWithSystemWide
12
13 > Anyway to fix this?
14
15 If you are running PA as a normal user (as you should), then perhaps
16 the per-application volume for MPlayer is muted. While playing
17 something with MPlayer, go to Settings -> Sound, then select the
18 Applications tab, and there should be a volume slider for all the
19 applications using audio. Just adjust as necessary.
20
21 Regards.
22 --
23 Canek Peláez Valdés