From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: iwlwifi - problem with wireless radio being killed
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:46:13
1 »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:30:26 +0100
4 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5
6 > > preup() {
7 > > [[ ${IFACE} == "wlan0" ]] && iwconfig wlan0 txpower on
8 > > return 0
9 > > }
10 >
11 > Thanks much. That works nicely. I had tried
12 >
13 > iwconfig_wlan0="txpower on"
14 >
15 > In /etc/conf.d/net, as the wireless.example file suggested that as a
16 > way to use iwconfig commands, but it didn't work. The power would
17 > be turned on, but the card couldn't successfully connect to an AP.
18 > Maybe using preup() causes the power to be on sooner?
19
20 Never mind the question -- it's clear from the init script's output
21 that preup() is called before anything else. As if it shouldn't have
22 been clear to me just by reading "preup". ;)
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list