From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package.mask syntax
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:28:07
1 On Monday 29 January 2007 13:04:08 Martins wrote:
2 > Could you hint me on this, i want to mask whole tree on overlay sabayon
3 > like this:
4 >
5 > kde-base/*
6 > kde-misc/*
7 >
8 > to get every package masked there, even those who probaly will be added
9 > later. OK, i know i can remove that overlay but I think i still need it.
10
11 As explained in bug #140002 wildcards are not supported in package.mask. What
12 is the purpose anyway? Why not just remove the overlay entirely? Or make a
13 partial checkout of the overlay (really that is the best solution if you want
14 only a few packages from a big overlay)? What do you use to sync it?
17 Bo Andresen