From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is aticonfig (bug confirmation, please)?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:44:47
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 >As you all might know, I have an ati card. I just installed the new
4 >8.18.6 drivers yesterday.
5 >
6 >I was later hanging around on the Rage3D Linux Drivers forum, and
7 >noticed mention of a utility called 'aticonfig', which apparently is a
8 >workalike for fglrxconfig (the xorg.conf configurator), but (also
9 >apparently) works better than fglrxconfig; not least because it
10 >--apparently-- adds to your currently-existing xorg.conf, rather than
11 >creating a (garbage) one from scratch.
12 >
13 >So naturally I thought I'd try running it.... but I don't seem to have
14 >it, and I don't know why.
19 I'm guessing the following line from the 8.18.6 ebuild is the reason: :-)
20
21 rm -rf ${WORKDIR}/usr/X11R6/bin/{aticonfig,fglrx_pplay}
22
23 My guess is that it should be added to the ati-drivers-extra ebuild, but
24 I don't see it there, so yes, it looks worthy of a bug report to me.
25
26 -Richard
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list